Presto Engineering Organizes Panel Discussion on RFIC Test at International Microwave Symposium
Panel debates whether millimetre-wave RFIC industrial test is a roadblock to mass adoption.
San Jose, Calif., USA — —Presto Engineering Inc., a world leader in semiconductor engineering services and backend turnkey production services, is pleased to announce its participation at the International Microwave Symposium, May 17-22 in Phoenix. Presto’s CEO, Michel Villemain, will moderate the session titled “Millimeter Wave RFIC Industrial Test: A Roadblock for Mass Adoption?” to be held Thursday, May 21 at noon.
“Automated test has always been essential to evaluate the performance of integrated circuits and electronic subsystems,” commented Villemain. “Now, as the rapid growth in mobile communications drives operational frequencies higher, test service providers and ATE equipment manufacturers must face the non-trivial challenges of testing at millimeter wave radio frequencies and increasingly higher bandwidth. At Presto, we have invested significantly in the development of comprehensive test solutions that address these challenges, particularly at frequencies above 40 GHz. In this session we will explore the nature and magnitude of those challenges.”
- Current state-of-the-art industrial millimeter-wave RF test practices from hardware to automated test equipment (ATE) and test coverage with regard to Telecom vs. Automotive markets.
- How to meet the low-cost test objective driven by the opposite trend in optical/wireless networking & automotive systems.
- How design for testability (DFT) or indirect testing and data mining are valid options to mitigate quality risks.
- Identify technical roadblocks still present to enable a high-volume manufacturing compatibility from ATE specifics to test consumables.
- Discuss with the audience how this new space jeopardizes the industrial test paradigm and economics
- Jeffrey Finder, Radar Product and Test Engineering Manager, Freescale Semiconductor
- Mark Roos, CEO, Roos Instruments
- Cedric Mayor, CTO, Presto Engineering
- Mustafa Slamani, PhD, Sr. Scientist MS-RF Test Development, IBM
- Shinji Yamaura, MMW Project GM, Semiconductor Circuit R&D Div. DENSO Corporation
For more information about Presto Engineering’s comprehensive test solutions, please go to: www.presto-eng.com or visit Presto Engineering at IMS 2015, 17-22 May, booth #1437. The company’s online press kit for IMS can be viewed at: https://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/an6h.
About Presto Engineering, Inc.
Presto Engineering provides comprehensive semiconductor product engineering solutions to IDM, fabless and electronics companies, contributing to improving ramp time, margins and quality of new products.
Presto Engineering is a recognized expert in the development of test solutions for component characterization and production. This expertise, combined with state-of-the-art ESD, reliability and failure analysis capabilities, produces a competitive advantage for our customers in optimizing end-product performance and accelerating time to market. We offer turn-key solutions from customer tape-out to delivery of finished goods to end-customer(s), including assembly, test, qualification, industrialization, and production sustaining activities.
Presto Engineering is headquartered in San Jose, California, and has operations in France and Israel. Additional information is available on the company’s website at www.presto-eng.com.