Presto Engineering’s ESD Services cover all aspects of electronic device reliability qualification with fast turnaround time.
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) testing is performed early in the qualification cycle, usually at first-silicon. Evolution in technology and applications (RF, analog) constantly drive new configurations, usage patterns and failure modes.
A Proven Methodology
- Identification of mission profile
- Selection of fixturing
- Test execution
Wide Range of Supported Standards
IC level: JEDEC, AEC, ESDA, ANSI
Market specific: MIL, AEC, ESCC, ISO (AUTO)
Fast Turn-around Time
Since concerns over ESD reliability usually come early in the development cycle, typically after first silicon, Presto offers very fast turn-around times, giving real-time feedback to design and product teams.
This is made possible by our very comprehensive inventory of fixtures and adapters—more that 850 of them. Most packages can be accommodated by one of our existing boards/sockets, alleviating the need for extra design time and/or NRE.
Over Voltage Stress (OVS)
Beyond peak voltage stress, industry practices are quickly evolving towards a new kind of electrical stress that verifies the robustness of devices to sustained energy dissipation, leading to absolute maximum rating (AMR) qualification.
Together, with leading automotive customers, Presto Engineering has developed a unique, fully-automated system that assesses and validates AMR.
Our hubs include failure analysis labs that constantly address issue and failures during reliability qualification, including ESD/EOS failure. Our ESD experts and capabilities in these labs ensure that reaction time to failure is extremely fast.
Consulting and Audits
Beyond stressing devices, our experts will help you understand the best stress strategies and set-up for your mission profile(s), as well as consult with you on the best design strategies for ESD protection.
- ESD-HBM (JEDEC JESD22-A114, ESDA ANSI/ESD STM5.1, MIL 883G/3015-7, AEC Q100Rev G/002D; SPACE/23800)
- ESD-MM (JEDEC JESD22-A115A, ESDA ANSI/ESD STM5.2, AEC Q100Rev G/003E)
- ESD-CDM (EDEC JESD22-C101D, ESDA ANSI/ESD STM5.3.1, AEC Q100Rev G/011B)
- ESD-TLP (ESDA ANSI/ESD STM5.5.1)
- ESD-GUN-HMM (ESDA ESD WIPS 5.6)
- EMC-ESD-GUN (IEC 61000-4-2, ESDA ANSI/ESD STM5.5.1, AEC Q100Rev G/ISO 10605)
- Latch-up (JEDEC EIA/JESD78B, ESDA ANSI/ESD SP5.4, MIL 883G/ 3023.1, AEC Q100Rev G/ 004C)
- Over Voltage Stress (OVS; IEC 60134)
- Absolute Maximum Rating (AMR)