Presto Engineering offers a very wide range of failure analysis (FA) capabilities, for advanced CMOS, specialty semiconductor as well as electronics (specifically printed circuit boards).
Our FA specialists address design debug, reliability-induced failures, as well as field return and RMAs. They use a well-established level 1/2/3 analysis framework that ensures fast turn-around time and consistency of results. Our FA teams leverage our in-house test floor to duplicate or screen incoming failing samples.
Our reports strive to provide your internal or external customers with actionable results that include recommendations for corrective action plans.
- Auger, Micro-Auger
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Cross-section (Mechanical, Ion, FIB, Dual-beam)
- Decapsulation (inc. copper leads)
- Dual-Beam (FIB/SEM); TEM sample preparation
- Focus Ion Beam (FIB)
- Infra-Red Imaging
- Laser-Voltage techniques (LVx)
- Photo-Emission Microscopy (PEM, OBIRCH/TIVA)
- Plasma Etching
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (SAM, C-mode/C-SAM)
- Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS, D-SIMS, ToF-SIMS)
- Soft-Defect Localization (SDL)
- Thermal Imaging
- Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- X-Ray (2D, 3D)
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)